Did you know that you could make your own DIY hand sanitizer?
One of the most important things you can do to stay healthy, regardless of a worldwide pandemic such as Coronavirus (COVID-19), is to be vigilant about washing your hands.
Below is s super easy recipe to make hand sanitizer at home! (This recipe is 65% rubbing alcohol.)
You can customize it with the essential oil of your choice. I personally love the smell of lavender and/or eucalyptus. Lemon verbena or even vanilla would smell great as well!
DIY Hand Sanitizer
- 2/3 cup 99% rubbing alcohol
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
- Essential oil(s) of your choice
- Gather all of your ingredients and a small bowl.
- Mix the aloe vera gel and rubbing alcohol together until well mixed.
- Add in a few drops of the essential oil(s) of your choice. (This step isn't necessary. It can be omitted if you'd like.)
Note, it is very important to use a rubbing alcohol that is 99% alcohol. To be effective, hand sanitizers must be at least 60% alcohol. When you dilute with aloe vera, you cut the alcohol content by 33%. This recipe creates a hand sanitizer that is approximately 65% alcohol.
You can use any type of container for the hand sanitizer. I recommend a travel-size spray bottle or squeezable bottle. Below are some great options:
What essential oil, if any, are you going to add to your new hand sanitizer?