I enjoy finding shortcuts and new ways to use everyday things that are found at home. Here are 7 new uses for common household items.
- Use baby oil to detangle your necklace – I hate when my delicate necklaces get tangled. Aside from asking my mom when she comes over to take the knot out, you can also rub a few drops of baby oil into each knot and work them gently free with a straight pin.
- Pencil eraser as an earring back – Slice off a small wedge from an eraser. Silly me tried to use the whole eraser one time…I looked a bit funny with it sticking out behind my ear.
- Salt helps to chill wine quicker!! – Do the usual by placing ice around the bottle’s base in a bucket. Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of salt. Repeat, layering ice and salt up to the bottle’s neck. Add water, wait 10 minutes, and serve.
- Don’t slip! – I usually use a band aid on the bottom of my new shoes so I don’t eat it! I just read that you can also use duct tape, or better yet – get out the sandpaper and rub it all over the bottoms of the shoes. I wouldn’t really do that to a pair of Louboutins though – You know those window decals in Target – there are different ones to represent every holiday? The ones that my youngest son likes to rip apart? Well they are good wine glass markers – great for holiday parties – and they are very inexpensive!
- Cooking spray will dry my nails? – this sounds GREAT but a bit weird.
- Lipstick stain remover right under your bathroom counter! – If the fabric is machine washable, saturate the spot with hair spray, let it sit for 10 minutes, then dab with a damp cloth or sponge to remove. Launder as usual to wash out any residual stain and spray.
- Denture tablets – they are great for cleaning wine glasses and vases. Just fill the glass/vase with warm water and plop in a denture cleaning tablet.
Please share your tidbits below!!